We are a group of researchers, and network/open-source enthusiasts at
the RWTH Aachen University in Germany. We operate AS207613 as a
non-commercial network for research and educational purposes. Our main
research topics are low-latency networks for Geographically Distributed
Real-time Simulations (GDRTS) 1.
The network currently consists of two PoPs in Falkenstein and Frankfurt
with plans to expand to a third PoP in Düsseldorf.
As a research network, we only test and operate IPv6. Various
measurement and monitoring tools are deployed in our network:
- RIPE RIS Route Collector connection
- RIPE Atlas Probes
- Frankfurt: meerfarbig / Accelerated
AS207613 maintains an open peering policy, signed formal agreements are
not required. Peerings with other PRENs or non-profit
networks are welcome.
Peerings are possible at the following IXPs:
- DE-CIX (Frankfurt, Germany)
- KleyRex (Frankfurt, Germany
- LocIX (Frankfurt, Germany)
Remote peering IXPs:
- DE-CIX (Munich, Düsseldorf, Hamburg, Germany)
- EVIX (Amsterdam, The Netherlands)
- 4IXP (Zürich, Switzerland)
Remote peerings via WireGuard tunnels can be also used as a fallback.
Peerings with AS207613 are cost-neutral for both parties.
Routing & Filtering
- Incoming routes are filtered against IRR (RIPE, APNIC, RADB, etc.)
- Peers must not announce private address space (RFC1918, RFC4193)
- Peers must not announce private ASNs
- Peers must not configure static/default routes to our routers
AS207613 will announce prefixes for all members listed in the AS-SET
"AS-NULLL". AS207613 originates the following prefixes:
No explicit SLA is guaranteed. The /dev/null Research Network operates
on a best-effort basis.
Want to peer?
Great! Send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Be sure to include your:
- ASN & AS-SET
- Prefix limit count
- Preferred peering location
- Peering LAN IP / Wireguard endpoint and key